Duncan Hepburn (Company Secretary)
3 Lambrick Way
Patron: Peter Phillips
Trustees: Stephen Sparrow (Chairman), Ollie Cook, Ed Crossman, Adrian Birrell, Duncan Hepburn, Mark Hepburn, Deri Hughes, Andrew La Trobe, Dr Roger Sparrow
This statement (and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from Supporters, or that is provided to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding third-party personal data and how we will treat it.
By Supporters is meant the prospective, current, and past donors and friends of the Harry Birrell Scholarship Trust Ltd.
This statement will be updated from time to time and the most current version will always be available on request by Supporters and other relevant entities.
Who are we?
We are the Harry Birrell Scholarship Trust Ltd (“HBST”).
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the GDPR), the data controller is HBST.
What is the purpose of this statement?
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information collected or provided to us by Supporters.
This privacy statement describes how we collect and use personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as updated from time to time.
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold must be:
1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to the impacted and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3. Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4. Accurate and kept up to date.
5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
What personal data will we collect from you?
We may collect, store and process the following categories of personal data:
1. Personal data you give us
You may give us personal data by filling in forms, sending emails or providing information in person or by telephone for the purpose of expressing an interest in supporting HBST, providing financial support or attending a function hosted by HBST.
Here are some examples of the type of personal data you may give us:
• personal contact details such as name, title, telephone number, email addresses
How will we use your personal data?
• We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. However, we may share your Personal Information with third parties as follows:
Anonymised Personal Information: We may anonymise your Personal Information so that you are not individually identified, and provide that information to partners and service providers as part of HBST information. However, we never disclose aggregate information in a manner that would identify you individually.
Protection of the Company and Others: We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our employees, our Customers, or others.
Where is your personal data stored?
All information you provide to us is stored in physically secure cabinets or on secure servers.
We will do our best to protect your personal data, although as the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, misuse or loss.
Access to and correction of your information
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us. Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
• request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
• object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
• request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it; and
• request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
If you want to verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal data to another party, please contact us by either email or in writing via the contacts outlined below.
You also have the right to:
• request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• If you want to access your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing what information you require, and confirming your full name and registered email address as a way of confirming your identity.
We will confirm with you what the response date will be, which will usually be within one month. We are entitled to refuse the request if it is deemed excessive or a repetition of a previous request.
Changes to our privacy statement
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will, where appropriate, be uploaded onto the HBST website.
How will we contact you?
We (or one of our appointed agents) may contact you by email or telephone.
How can you contact us?
To contact us with any queries around data or this privacy statement, you can contact us at the address below:
Address: Harry Birrell Scholarship Trust, Triginata, 3 Lambrick Way, Abingdon, OX14 5TP
Please note we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues which you raise.
How can you contact the supervisory authority?
The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them in the following ways:
Phone: 0303 123 1113
Post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF